Monday, August 27, 2012

Is bisexual a step to being gay? Re: Question posted to me

So I was sent a question on my blog from an anonymous guy about how being bisexual is considered just a step to being gay.  Here is the exact question/comment, followed by how I answered.  Let's get your thoughts, as well.

Question:
When do you think being bisexual will stop being treated as the step to becoming gay? I'm currently not out to friends & family and I have a gf of 4 months. But I lost my virginity to a man and had sex with 3 guys before my relationship? She's beautiful and I wanna be 100% honest with her. Just because I like fucking guys this makes me effeminate? Seems like it should be the other way around. Bisexuality at times seems like a blessing & a curse. Am i a werewolf? being hairychested doesn't help lol.

My Answer:
 Hey buddy.  Thanks so much for reaching out to me.  I’m so with you, brother.  The way I see it, being bi is not a step toward anything!  It just… is.  I hope you are totally open with her about being bi.  You may be surprised by how accepting she is of it, and even more happily surprised by her possible willingness to keep your physical desire for men an active part of your lifestyle.
You said it right, man.  A man being with a man is the furthest thing from effeminate.  Sure, there are effeminate men out there - but that is a world away from the masculine, aggressive, powerful, and manly bonding two men can have.  That’s the kind of bonding I’m into.
And hey… as long as you’re open with the the important people in your life - there is no curse.  You’ll be forever free to be who you are and call the shots on how you want to be fulfilled.
Werewolf, eh?  Hairychested, are you?  damn… now that’s something I’d love to see.  lol
Thanks again, man. HUGS!!

So let's hear from you!  Do you think being bisexual is a stepping stone to being gay?  Do you think bisexuals are just treated that way?  Do you think bisexual men who are open about it to their female companions can enjoy physical fulfillment with other guys?

5 comments:

  1. Everyone is supposed to be so very open-minded these days, but if I were your anonymous questioner, I would be very cautious about spilling the beans to the girlfriend about his interest in guys. Many if not most women will see that as simply "he's gay," and that will be the end of the relationship. I'm not talking about rationality here. As Henry Higgins said, "Women are irrational, that's all there is to that." At least in matters of the heart. Which is probably a good thing because otherwise half of us wouldn't stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I know this comment is way late and you probably will never see/read it but I had to comment.
    I'm a woman, and bi-sexuality not only doesn't mean he's gay but is hot as hell. I'm a rational woman and I'd much rather my partner be 100% honest with me than feel he must sneak around my back because he feels he must for the sake of our relationship. I don't know where you got the idea the "many if not most" woman would think he's gay...but you're wrong...and that way of thinking is a tad out dated. We are a little more open minded than you're giving us credit for....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Male bisexuality is accepted by women, and by men and society. It does not mean that the person is gay or is going to become gay/homosexual. However there are a lot of men who are actually gay who claim to be "bi" when they're really just gay and the blog's owner is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you must be the same guy as in the other post. Can't tell for certain. For a man with bold words who posts anonymously, you're kind of an oxymoron to yourself.
      But like I said in my other reply, I don think I disagree with you. But I've blown countless loads through sex a female. It must count for something. lol
      Anyway, in my own case I think I've evolved further over time (since naming myself here), and/or accepted myself which is something I never could do in my younger years.
      Thanks for the input!

      Delete
    2. My posts are not anonymous as this is the internet. The fact that you're gay and have had sex with women is pretty common. I'm bisexual but I have gay male friends who have had sex with women and they said it wasn't bad or "gross" compared to how some gay men who have never had sex with women react to the idea of sex with women or seeing a woman naked. Keep blogging if you want to.

      Delete

I hope you take a moment to communicate your thoughts and/or feelings on what you've read. I'm interested in what you have to say.

Thanks for the comment!